|Clash of Clans defence Guide|
Making Better Defences in Clash of Clans
|Clash of Clans Guide for defences|
- Using Archer Towers: Archer Towers are even superior to Cannon when it comes to point defense, due to their superior range and ability to target both Ground and Air units. Upgrade Archer Towers to increase their firepower, but beware that your defensive turrets cannot shoot while being upgraded!
- Where is it best to use your bombs in Clash of Clans? Bombs are great to be placed a strategic choke points as to deal the most damage to the enemy or merely being placed near areas of high contention. However, Bombs are destroyed after 1 use, so replacing them may be costly. Also remember that unless you have an enormous amount of gold there are going to be weaknesses in your walls and holes in your defense. These are good areas to be defended by bombs and spring traps. You can even design your walls to funnel your enemies to these areas.
- What's a better defense than a bomb? A GIANT BOMB of course!: An Giant Bomb a cousin of the smaller and less lethal Bomb, it still is a hidden trap that becomes visible once an enemy unit walks into range, however it now deals massive AoE Damage and becomes available at Town Hall Level 6, but remember as these are only one use defenses it's not wise to base your entire defence around them as it could prove very expensive, and also if a previous enemy has triggered it you will be left defenceless until it is replaced.
- Using Cannons: Cannons are great for point defense. Upgrade cannons to increase their firepower, but beware that your defensive turrets cannot shoot while being upgraded!We recommend upgrading these as fast as possible as they have a lot of hit points and can do some serious damage
- Mortars: Strengths:
- Mortars are great against clusters of weak troops, so it is to your benefit to keep all Low HP units away from their destructive blasts.
- Mortars are easily countered by High HP units, such as the defense destroying Giant, because they're AoE attacks are slow and do not deal significant Damage.
- Air Defense: Costly to build and upgrade but when an enemy starts coming at you with Balloons they're going to be crucial
- Pumpkin Bombs: The Halloween Update adds a bit of seasonal flavour to your defence.
- Hidden Tesla: Again higher levels can use a mysterious new defence-the Hidden tesla styas invisible until it's area defence becomes necessary (talking about high levels have you upgrdaded to the Dark castle yet?)
- X-Bow: Level nine town halls can now use the rapid elixir bolt firing X-bow-it can be used to either just fire on ground units at longer range or for a shorter range X-Bow attack you can take on both air and ground units.
Remember walls don't need builders, so use spare cash to upgrade and build them whenever possible. A wall will slow down an enemy allowing your defences to pick them off.
|Use walls wisely and remember to keep upgrading your defense.|
Layer your defences: An archer tower is great, but lacks the hit points of a cannon so keep them within the fire radius of the other defences. A mortar while mightily powerful at rang can not via in its immediate vicinity, so keep its location protected.
|Good Town Hall Placement,|
but weak defences will
soon be overrun
During the various stages of the game you might decide that it is more important to protect your gold/elixir storage or the Town Hall. Layer your defences accordingly, if the Town Hall is surrounded by other buildings these will be taken out and you will lose your resources-but the enemy still might lose the battle because their forces have been eroded taking out other buildings.
Keep your defences topped up, Spring Traps, Bombs etc. at the lower levels are only one use defences, if you've been attacked the make sure that you rebuild what has been lost.
Looking forward to bringing the fight to you, I'm BombDaddy77 and currently don't have a clan, so come and face off and lets see if this guide has improved your play!